The “Redirecting Children’s Behavior” (RCB) course material is strongly influenced by the work of Rudolf Dreikurs, MD., author of the highly acclaimed book “children: the challenge“.
Developed by Kathryn Kvols (INCAF) author of the book “Redirecting Children’s Behavior” the RCB course is a powerful, 15-hour experiential seminar that teaches effective principals and practical skills to help build children’s self-esteem, encourage cooperation and develop a sense of responsibility.
The RCB Course is a powerful series of classes that teaches effective parenting skills. Taught in five, three-hour sessions, the course atmosphere is insightful, interactive and supportive. The RCB course gives parents effective ways to become aware of specific behaviors and provides tools to manage behaviors and situations. The effects of the RCB training are children that are more confident, responsible and cooperative. Parents are given tangible parenting techniques that allow them to redirect behavior through loving guidance rather than punishment and reward systems.
Parents will learn how to use practical tools to create cooperation, build self-esteem and strengthen relationships from birth to adulthood. The sessions will focus on topics such as using logical consequences, setting limits, and achieving peaceful resolution of conflicts. Interactive sessions feature experiential learning and will demonstrate the appropriate handling of everyday situations such as temper tantrums, power struggles, rebellion and helplessness.
David and Kim Preslar have been certified as RCB Instructors by the International Network for Children and Families (INCAF) in Gainesville, Florida. INCAF is one of the only originations that require instructors to get their certification and maintain their certification through continuing education.
Course are held in various locations in the Austin/Cedar Park, Texas metropolitan area. Please refer to our event calendar to find a course date and location that works with your schedule. You may also contact us to set up a course to offer directly with your group, school or organization.
What participants can gain from the course:
- Eliminate arguing, yelling and threatening
- Feel enthusiastic and confident about parenting
- Skills to promote agreement instead of fighting
- Create parenting synergy with a spouse or partner
What children will gain from the course:
- Responsibility and initiative
- Self-control and self-reliance
- Good decision making skills
- Resistance to peer pressure
- Cooperation skills and develop successful attitudes
Who can benefit from the course:
- Parents expecting or having children of any age, from toddlers to teens
- Step-Parents, Grandparents, relatives, care-givers, and babysitters
- Teachers, Counselors, Nurses, Social Workers, Pediatricians, or anyone who relates to children.